A new secondary school is at the heart of our plans for the site and the project team is working to a tight timeframe to enable this much needed school to be ready to welcome new students as soon as possible.
The school will comprise a 900 student secondary school and 250 student sixth form, including:
• A modern school design that sensitively integrates with the existing architecture of the Fire Station and Winchester House;
• A new multi-use games area;
• Outstanding facilities for pupils and staff;
• Co-educational facilities for the secondary school and sixth form;
• The secondary school will be non selective and will work with local people on the admissions policy; and
• Fully compliant with all mainstream educational guidelines.
Following detailed consultation with the local community Haberdashers’ Aske’s Federation has now been chosen as the new school provider. Once open Haberdashers’ Aske’s Borough Academy will admit 180 children a year, growing year on year and ultimately opening a sixth form with 250 places to complete the 1150 place secondary school.
The Haberdashers’ Aske’s Federation runs primary and secondary schools in Lewisham and Bexley. Each school in the Federation exists to provide an excellent education to the children in its local community. For more information on Haberdashers’ Aske’s visit www.haaf.org.uk.
Hadston has been working closely with Haberdasher’s Askes’ and we are committed to providing a high quality school on this important site and we will continue to work closely with the school provider and the Council to ensure that the new school can help to meet local demand.
Or write to us at:
Freepost Public Consultation (Cascade)
26 Noel Street